Based in Boston, MA
April 18 2014 (Early Access)
Children of Liberty is a stealth platformer for PC and Mac which retells the tale of Paul Revere’s Ride from the point of view of four kid spies for the Patriots.
On April 19, 1775, the Minutemen of Lexington confronted a group of 700 Redcoats marching to capture munitions depots stored outside the town of Boston. Thus began what is known as the American Revolutionary War. The events leading up to this battle, however, are filled with intrigue. The night before the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the Sons of Liberty received word of the Redcoats' plan to march on the munitions depot. Paul Revere, a coppersmith and infamous Patriot, was sent along with William Dawes to warn the countryside of the oncoming attack. However, only by a mysterious set of circumstances was Revere able to succeed at his mission. Children of Liberty fills in the plot holes of the tale of Paul Revere's Ride while remaining historically accurate. Play as either Joseph, the classic platformer; Ally, the nimble freerunner; Doug, the burly tank; or Sarah, the bratty eight-year old ninja, and live out the events of the hours leading up to the American Revolution. Children of Liberty blends classical 2D gameplay into a 3D world. Run, sneak, and turn your way through the streets of Colonial Boston in a stealth adventure like no other.
- Children of Liberty features 2D gameplay in a 3D world. Run, jump, and turn along the Red Freedom Trail with smooth and responsive controls; hide, sneak, and lean around corners along the Blue Freedom Trail to gain strategic positioning against Redcoats and attack when the time is right!
- Thousands of frames of hand drawn animation, combined with accurate-to-reality constructed environments and realtime lighting, bring the characters of Children of Liberty to life!
- Whether you're playing as Joseph, the bratty Bostonian with a wooden sword and a double jump; or Ally with a powerful slide and a strategic wall run; or Doug with a stunning ground pound and powerful counter-attack; or Sarah with a penchant for stringing Redcoats up by their ankles via her yoyo; Children of Liberty has something for everyone!
- Historical accuracy is at the forefront of Children of Liberty's narrative. Find Codex Pages scattered around the environment to learn more about Colonial Boston. Find other hidden goodies to increase your end-of-level grade. Did you miss something? Go back at any time and try again!
Early Access Updates YouTube
Early Access Trailer YouTube
The Voices of Boston YouTube
PAX East 2013 Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Local Indie Game, Structure Gaming" PAX East, March 2013
- "Gorgeous 2D/3D Stealth"
- Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "CoL is not afraid to break a few safety nets"
- Adam House, Structure Gaming
- "The narrative is neat, the concept is intriguing, and the art is all the way great."
- Tim Poon, Platform Nation
- "It's smart and creative."
- Shamus Young, Twenty Sided
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Check out our Steam Community for our up-to-date development blog at steamcommunity.com.
About Lantana Games
Lantana Games is an independent kids, family, and educational game developer in Boston, MA. We work with schools to foster the next generation of game developers
More information on Lantana Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Children of Liberty Credits
Project Lead, Lead Game Design, Programming, Systems Design
Game Design, Narrative, Creative Direction
Producer, Environment Art
Sound Design, Composer
Character Animation, Portrait Design, Concept and Promotional Art
Ricky Bryant Jr.
Character Animation, Character Concept Art
Animation Cleanup, Background Art
Voice Direction, Narrative Assistance
2D/3D Asset Art
Joseph, Additional Roles
Ally, Additional Roles
Doug, Additional Roles
Benjamin Church, Additional Roles
Major Pitcairn, Additional Roles
Royal Governor Thomas Gage