Based in Boston, MA
November 18, 2009
Press / Business contact:
Lantana Games is an independent game development studio in Boston, creating games that delight, inspire, and innovate on the artform in surprising, colorful, and positive ways. We’ve built our reputation as a remote studio dedicated to fostering the next generation of game developers.
Founded in November 2009, our games have since been featured in numerous publications such as Kill Screen, Polygon, PC Gamer, and The Boston Globe; and at expos such as PAX East and the Smithsonian American Art Museum’s Indie Arcade. Follow us everywhere, @lantanagames!Team History
Lantana Games was founded on November 18, 2009. We have always focused on children’s and educational game development. We have presented our games at events like PAX East, BostonFIG, and the Smithsonian American Art Museum’s Indie Arcade expo. We have been featured in publications like VentureBeat, Mashable, Polygon, PC Gamer, The Boston Globe, and more. We started with small, free online games, and our first commercial product, Children of Liberty, was a Kickstarter featured project. This was followed up with Mondrian – Abstraction in Beauty in 2015, and its sequel, Mondrian – Plastic Reality, was released in 2020. In 2014, we began working with schools like the Savannah College of Art and Design and Becker College to help students with their work and give them entry-level opportunities in game development. In 2017, we became a partner of Northeastern University’s prestigious Co-Op Program. As of 2018, our audience spans the globe, with tens of thousands of gamers across numerous countries. Lantana Games is the recipient of multiple awards, including GameDev.Net’s Image of the Day, the 2016 Indie Revolution Expo’s Audience Choice Award, and inclusion in the Smithsonian American Art Museum’s Indie Arcade: Coast to Coast exhibit.
Mondrian - Plastic Reality Launch Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Lantana Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Digital Showcase Finalist, Mondrian - Plastic Reality" - BostonFIG Fest, September 2019
- "Indie Finalist, Mondrian - Plastic Reality" - MassDiGI Game Challenge, February 2019
- "Indie of the Year Top 100, Mondrian - Plastic Reality" - indieDB, December 2018
- "Audience Choice Award, Mondrian - Abstraction in Beauty" - Indie Revolution Expo, July 2016
- "Official Selection, Mondrian - Abstraction in Beauty" - Indie Arcade Coast to Coast. January, 2016
- "Best Local Indie Game, Children of Liberty" - Structure Gaming. March, 2013
- "Simple to grasp but totally works."
- Erik Norris, CraveOnline
- "Gorgeous-looking 2D/3D stealth"
- Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "The cartoony aesthetics work almost surprisingly well in this historical, stealth-oriented platformer."
- Cassandra Khaw, IndieGames
Mondrian - Plastic Reality on Steam
Our latest release! https:.
Team & Repeating Collaborator